What Does a Pikmin 3 Port Mean for Nintendo? 8/7/20 DISCLAIMER: This essay was written on August 5th right after my viewing of the “Pikmin 3 Deluxe” trailer. These were my raw, early thoughts on the game. If these change drastically, or more important news comes out about the game, I’ll post a redux discussion. The “August 7th” in the title is technically just the publishing date, but it’s usually the writing and editing day as well. Also, these are my thoughts, but out of boredom I’ve edited this essay a lot more extensively than I normally would. I would do this for every essay if I gave myself more time to put quality over quantity, but that’s a discussion for another day. So, it appears that Nintendo’s holiday title this year will be a port. Perhaps not “Pikmin 3 Deluxe”, but if they had any true new video games ready for us, they would already have been announced. “Paper Mario: The Origami King” seems to have set a COVID standard of around two months between reveal and release, wi...
Super Mario 3D All-Stars: The Use of Emulation and Tainting the Reputation of Beloved Games 12/5/20 DISCLAIMER: This is the second of a couple of essays I'm doing about this game and the morality behind it and games like it. When "Super Mario 3D All-Stars" was first announced at a full retail price f 60 dollars, it's completely fair that people would have expected nothing but the best. These three wondrous games have a nearly impossible legacy to fulfill, which leaves so much to be desired in a remaster right from the get-go. However, when people actually discovered what these games were set to be, they were absolutely shocked. This all started on September 12th with the Nintendo of America series it feels like only I watch: "Nintendo Minute with Kit and Krysta". At 57 seconds into the YouTube video, we get our first look at the menu. Naturally, fans probably expected something grand and huge as a true celebration for Mario's big anniversary. Though, we ...
Comments
Post a Comment